Decorating Ideas by Living Room Shape
The living room, which is one of the areas where we spend most of our time, is the biggest and most eye-catching room of our house, where we relax, spend pleasant times and host our guests.
That’s why living room decoration is so important. But the shape of the living room in every house is different. Today we will give you decoration ideas according to different living room shapes. Let’s learn how to decorate the L-shaped living room, rectangular living room, and square living room.
Also, you can learn how to decorate an irregularly shaped living room.
Decorating the house you live in is of course extremely enjoyable, but it is an issue that needs to be considered and planned. In this sense, we need to mention at the outset that it is necessary to take into account the dimensions of the room to be decorated. To avoid long-term problems, it is important to consider the size of the room as well as your personal tastes and style for living room decoration.
While light colors are preferred in small living rooms, people with larger living rooms want to add a different atmosphere to the living room by using dark colors on some walls. In such cases, you can emphasize the living room by choosing tones such as fuchsia, purple, or navy blue. By using decorative shelves on the dark wall, you can draw your focus there and create stylish and eye-catching sections. Wallpapers are also among the highly preferred products in decoration.
Living Room Decoration by Shapes
Living room decorations differ according to the size and architectural features of the house. For this reason, before decorating the living room, it is useful to get an idea about the decoration of the living room according to its shape.
- No matter what type of living room you have, one of the things you should be aware of is that the sunlight does not come directly to the TV screen. Otherwise, you cannot have a clear view while watching television during the day.
Let’s start to learn how to decorate a living room by shape.
Rectangular Living Room Decoration Ideas
How to furnish the rectangular living room, one of the most used living rooms today? When decorating a rectangular living room, it is beneficial to choose a rectangular dining table. Especially, as in most living rooms, the dining table should be positioned in the area closest to the door.
- You can add depth to space by using decorative mirrors in the section where the dining table is.
- By positioning your armchairs in a corner, you can create a special area for yourself if you use a small coffee table in the middle.
- You can decorate this specially created area with a bookcase or magazine rack.
- You can create two different decorative areas by separating the living room from the part where the dining table is, with the help of lighting or flooring.
- You can position the seating group directly opposite the TV unit.
- It is highly preferred in L seats in rectangular halls. If you have an L-type seat, you can add a nice touch by choosing a rectangular coffee table in front of the seat.
You can see the rectangular living room decoration ideas below pictures.
L Shaped Living Room Decoration Ideas
How should the L-type living room layout be? Room divisions can be easier in L-type living room decorations. First, you need to decide which part of the room should have a dining table.
- You can place the sitting group in one part of the room and the dining set in the other and divide the room into two areas.
- By using different decorations in both areas, you can make the areas independent from each other.
- You can also choose an L-type seating group in L halls. When buying goods in small living rooms, you should definitely consider the dimensions. Otherwise, the items may seem big, and the small living room may seem even smaller.
You can see the L-shaped living room decoration ideas below pictures.
Square Type Living Room Decoration
Square-type living rooms are often referred to as the easiest to design living rooms. So, how is the square living room placed?
- In square living room decorations, the focal point is usually easier to determine.
- After the focal point is determined, the sofa set is positioned to face the focal point.
- Parts such as a television unit, fireplace, or bookcase can be preferred as a focal point.
- At the same time, a different design in the decoration of the square type living room is the reciprocal positioning of the seats. In this way, you can create a warm space for chatting.
- If you have furniture in light colors, you can create a different atmosphere by using pastel shades of carpets or rugs.
- The choice of a square coffee table as a center table will be quite correct. Since accessories and lighting are of great importance, do not neglect to brighten dark areas and use accessories to express yourself.
You can see the square living room decoration ideas below pictures.
Regardless of the shape of the living room, you should be careful not to block the transition areas while planning the seating arrangement. You should also get help from your creativity.
If you are unsure about living room decoration, you can get help from professional home renovation companies. In this way, you can decide on the right living room decoration together with professional people.
As BST Design and Build, we strive to offer you the most beautiful and highest quality living spaces. At this point, you can review our finished projects on our custom home renovation page. You can also get help from us if you want to have a complete home renovation. All you have to do is contact us.