What are the Advantages of a Guest Bathroom in Your House?
We know that most of you happened to host some lovely guests from a city far away visit you and spend a couple of days in your home. Or, you may be the one who is visiting a relative or a friend in another city. And we believe that the most relaxing issue for visitors is to have a private room and even a bathroom that is reserved for themselves. This is why we call them guest bedroom and guest bathroom.
As BST Design Company, we are making wonderful bathroom renovations around Maryland. But this time we will talk about this important topic that we hear so much from our customers; guest bathrooms. What is the definition of a guest bathroom? Why are they this much common? What are the advantages of a guest bathroom? And what are the different solutions to choose from? Let’s talk about the importance of the guest bedrooms.
What is a Guest Bathroom and its Importance?
Actually, this is a term for the additional bathroom in a house. We can define them as a guest bathroom or an additional bathroom which are at the different parts of the home. But, guest bathrooms are more likely to be reserved only for visitors. Generally, guest bathrooms are on the entrance floor of multi-story houses, but they may be located also on the upper floors.
So, why are they very important? Because they can be a lifesaver. Even you may love your friends so much, but sharing the same bathroom will absolutely be exhausting after some time. Especially in the rush hours in the morning and evening, occupying the only bathroom for brushing teeth or toilet needs will keep so many people waiting. So it will be frustrating for everyone. And taking a shower will be a real problem because of the time it requires.
On the other hand, an additional bathroom may be very very useful for privacy. When there is a guest bathroom in a house, the master bathroom or parent bathroom will be left to the hosts. Maybe you haven’t cleaned the bathroom or done the laundry, and you don’t want your guests to see them. This way, you don’t have to be worried about these issues.
So, having a guest bathroom will absolutely be very relaxing for both visitors and hosts.
What are the Advantages of Guest Bathroom
Actually, the issues that we have mentioned as the importance of guest bathrooms are also the benefits of them. The general advantages of the guest bathroom are;
- Privacy. As we mentioned above, a guest bathroom will be helpful to provide privacy both for hosts and guests at the same time. They will be using their designated bathrooms, so no hesitation and coyness for taking long showers.
- Peace. Even if you have a very close relationship with your guests, sharing the same bathroom will create a stressful mood. So, the guest bathroom will help to maintain this good relationship.
- Usefulness. Morning and evening times are the rush hours for houses. Everyone uses the bathroom and they have to wait for others to finish their preparations. As it is an additional one, the guest bathroom will be very beneficial for individuals to get ready in a shorter time.
- Hygiene. Even if you use your own toothbrush, people generally don’t feel comfortable while using other people’s private bathroom, shampoo, or towels. So, a different bathroom is very comforting for visitors and hosts to provide hygiene.
- Disability. As we mentioned before, guest bathrooms are located generally on the entrance floor. As reaching the upper floor for a disabled person would be very hard, a guest bathroom will be very helpful for them.
- Value. It may be for the long-term but having a guest bathroom can increase the value of your home up to %10.
What are the Options
So what are your options? First, we will take this issue about the part of the house. We think that the best choice is an adjacent bathroom to a specially designated room for guests. This way full privacy can be provided. But if you don’t have a different guest room, you can have a guest bathroom to a close part as much as possible to the living room. This way, everyone can use them easily.
Other options are about the type of bathrooms. A full bathroom is a great choice but if you have a limited place or budget, a half bathroom is a practical solution. A half bathroom contains only a toilet and sink. This way, you will at least decrease the traffic of the master or other bathrooms.
As BST Design Company, we design living places to make you feel happy and relieved. And your happiness is so important to us. We believe that an additional bathroom means that more costs and a burden on your budget. But, the happiness and comfort that it will add to your life are priceless. From this perspective, we are ready to help you with everything from the beginning to the end. For the most proper solutions, you can check our bathroom gallery for wonderful examples or directly contact us at any time you wish.